Situated on a well-established, working game farm in the heart of the Waterberg. 2 hours from JHB and PTA. Closest town is Nylstroom (Modimole). This is a very
popular Green Flag accredited trail and known for its diversity of fauna and flora! It lies in the world known Nylsvley area and conservancy with more than 250 bird
species listed. The trails stretch over an unusual combination of beautiful valleys, gorges, savannas and mountain streams, rock pools with crystal clear water,
indigenous forest, waterfalls and panoramic views of the Waterberg await the hiker.
NEW: BASE CAMP Hiking Trails
The trails stretch over an unusual combination of beautiful valleys, gorges, savannas and mountain streams, rock pools with crystal clear water, indigenous forest, waterfalls and
panoramic views of the Waterberg await the hiker. A large variety of trees, abundant bird life and game can be seen and enjoyed while hiking.
THE LODGE BASE CAMP
This is a big double storey house that can accommodate max 14 persons. It is hidden away in the pristine and peaceful mountains and gorge. Hikers are welcome to bring own extra
mattresses, enough room and bathrooms for larger groups.
There are 6x separate bedrooms: 2x rooms with double beds, 4x rooms with single beds. All beds have good mattresses with covers. Hikers/visitors must bring all their own linen,
bedding, sleeping bags and pillows. There are 4x bathrooms with showers, toilets and hand basins. The kitchen has a gas fridge and a 2 plate gas stove, 1 pot, 1 pan and a kettle.
Hikers/visitors must bring their own cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils.
There is a big lounge social area with tables and chairs. One can enjoy the stunning view from a big stoop also with tables and chairs. There is an outside braai boma and braai
facilities. Hikers/visitors must bring their own braai utensils and wood can be ordered in advance, bring your own firelighters and charcoal.
THE BUSH VILLA
For groups 2-5 hikers. Self catering private chalet. One bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom. One bedroom with 3x single beds, open air bathroom. Kitchen with gas stove
and fridge, kettle, pan and 2 pots. Bring own bedding and cutlery.
- Both 12 & 5 km trails are clearly marked and all options/turn-offs are well sign posted.
- A new trail map is available
- Hikers will pass beautiful cascades, a picnic spot and big rock pools to swim in.
- Hikers will go on towards a spectacular kloof with smaller rock pools, a big farm dam in the gorge, passing a big waterfall
- The new 5km trail is a stunning option for bird watching and game viewing. It takes hikers pass beautiful cascades in a deep gorge. (This is a new section for hiking on the farm,
never been used before Feb. 2019).
Bush Baby Camp, Tierkloof Camp and Bundu Tree House listed below is closed until Covid-19 Level 1 restrictions are announced.
BACK PACKING (Start and finish from Tierkloof and/or Bush Baby Camp)
Day 1: Hikers start from e.g. Tierkloof and hike to Bush Baby. On day 1 hikers can choose to do 13km or 20km.
Day 2: Hikers do the new 5km trail back to Tierkloof / Bush Baby.
BASE CAMPS (From Tierkloof or Bush Baby 2x nights in the same camp)
- Hikers can choose to do the 13 or 20 km trails on day 1 and the 5 km trail on day 2.
- All trails are clearly marked and all options/ turn- offs are well sign posted.
- On the 13km section hikers will go pass beautiful cascades, a picnic spot and a big rock pool to swim in.
- On the 20km section hikers will go on towards a spectacular kloof with smaller rock pools, a big farm dam in the gorge, passing a big waterfall and link up to the
13km stretch in the afternoon going past the last big rock pool for swimming before going back to one of the overnight camps.
- The new 5km trail is a stunning option for bird watching and game viewing. It takes hikers pass beautiful cascades in a deep gorge. (This is a new section for
hiking on the farm, never been used before Feb. 2019).
OVERNIGHT CAMP FACILITIES
- Tierkloof Camp (Max of 14 beds):
This is a beautiful stone build and thatched roof camp. There is a big stoop with tables, chairs and braai facilities, braai grids
provided. There are 4 separate bed rooms, (bunk beds and mattresses). Bring own sleeping bags and pillows. There are 2x bathrooms with showers, flush toilets and
hand basins, bring own towels. Gas plates, pot, pan and kettle provided and a zink in the kitchen area, bring own cutlery and crockery. No electricity. Hot water
for showers / kitchen by solar panel and "donkey boiler". Bring all/ own gas lamps, torches for lighting. (Please be careful when using candles).
- Bush Baby Camp (Max of 12 beds):
This is a well set 2 levelled, double storey wooden cottage with 6x bunk beds and mattresses. 6 beds on upper level and 6 down on
ground level. No electricity. Donkey boiler for hot water, 2 showers, 2 toilets and hand basins. Wash up area, bring all own cooking utensils, cutlery, crockery,
towels, sleeping bags and pillows. There are 2x braai areas/ facilities - braai grids provided. Bring all/ own gas lamps, torches or candles for lighting.
- Luxurious Lodge:
Double storey 6 to 12 pers. 4 lux bed rooms, fully equipped DSTV.
- The Bush Villa:
2 to 4 pers. 2 separate bed rooms, fully equipped. Private. Bedding included.
- Zebra Chalet:
3 to 6 Pers. 2 bedrooms, fully equipped, air con, gas stove etc. Bedding included.
- Wildevy Cottage:
2 to 4 Pers. open plan, equipped kitchen, bring own bedding and towels, extra tent for 2.
- Tierkloof Bush Camp: (Closed/Covid-19 Restriction)
8 to 16 Pers. More rustic, very popular group camp, 4 Bedrooms, equipped kitchen, 2 bath rooms, bring own bedding and towels.
- Bundu Tent Hut:
Wooden & Safari Canvas Hut, 2 to 4 pers. Outdoor, equipped kitchen, bathroom. Bring own bedding and towels.
- Budu Tree House: (Closed/Covid-19 Restriction)
8 to 10 pers. Rustic 2 level hut, outdoor, equipped kitchen, bathroom, bring own bedding and towels.
CAMPING (5x different / separate Tent & 4X4 Caravan Camps)
- Dikbas Camp: Camp 1 holds 6x sites (max 6x vehicles) and Camp 2 hols 3x sites (max 3x vehicles).
- Bundu Camp 1-5: 20x Tent sites (max 20x vehicles)
- Bush Camp 1-5: Private 5x Camp sites (max 4x vehicles per site)
- River Camp 1-3: 12x Tent sites (max 12 vehicles)
- Eco Camp: 4x4's only. 4x Camp sites (max 4x vehicles)
Enjoy a combination of valleys, gorges, savannah and mountain streams. Rock pools with crystal clear water, indigenous forest, waterfalls, and panoramic views of
the Waterberg await you. We offer a 3 hour family trail, an extreme 4x4 trail (not for beginners) 1 hour technical trail (all levels), a playground, 200
km "Legends Loop" and a new 2x4 trail.
NB: (Entrance Fees) All vehicles pay a once off entrance fee.
There are a total of 60km loops: 15km is easy riding, 30km for experienced riders plus a 10 km Pro Loop, as well as a 5km Extreme Enduro loop ideal for practicing
for the "Roof of Africa".
A new dedicated mountain bike trail has been opened with 20km, 40km and 60km distances of average difficulty (green). A big variety of terrain and
some obstacles awaits our bikers. Bring own bikes and equipment.
View our Rates