Situated in the Elands Valley 6 km from Waterval Boven, Marlothi Chalets has been part of the community for over half a century. Originally established by Dr Vos
as a family business which has florished over the years. Currently being run by his son, Werner and his wife, Marlothi Chalets offers visitors a peaceful retreat
from the everyday grind.
Their lush gardens and indigenous trees are a wonder to look at. Plus, right on your doorstep are any number of pleasant day walks through
verdant forests and slow hikes to waterfalls where you can picnic and enjoy the peaceful tranquility of the outdoors.
There are 6x 5-bed chalets and 1x 8-bed chalet - all self catering. Each chalet comes fully equipped with a kitchen on hand, they even supply facilities for outside
braai if you want to really feel like you are in the bush. Boasting a 3-star rating Marlothi Chalets give you everything you might want on a home away from home
6x 5-BED CHALETS: Downstairs 1 bedroom with double bed and one single bed. The loft upstairs has two single beds. One bathroom with bath tub, toilet and hand basin.
Semi-open plan. Fully equipped kitchen. Braai area outside. Carport for vehicle. Bedding and wood supplied. Just bring own towels.
1x 8-BED CHALET: Three bedrooms – two with 3 single beds and one with 2 single beds. Two bathrooms – one with a bathtub and another with a shower. Lounge area. Fully
equipped kitchen. Braai area outside. Carport for vehicle. Bedding and wood supplied. Just bring own towels.
Chalet Rates: R220.00 per adult and R140.00 per child u/12 per night
Hikers Hall and Lapa:
This is ideal for bigger hiking, family, informal team building groups. There are separate open plan rooms with 18 bunk beds and mattresses. You need to bring your own linen/
sleeping bags and pillows. The kitchen has a microwave, stove, fridge and cooking utensils. You need to bring your own cutlery and crockery. There is lapa and braai area with tables
and chairs. Wood is provided/ included free of charge, bring your own charcoal and firelighters. Separate ladies and gents showers, bath tubs, toilets, hand basins.
Rates: R160 pppn U/12 R110 pn
What to do?
- There are 2x clearly marked out hiking trails to the Elands river and waterfalls.
- More hiking trail options and horse riding available at our neighboring Zongororo farm.
- Enjoy swimming in rock pools or our Swimming pool.
- We have a ladies/ Cash bar available.
- Visit a number of historical places, (Paul Kruger Museum (Krugerhof) house, the NZASR Tunnel), exciting entertainment/ adventure venues (rock climbing/ abseiling/ quad biking/ mountain
biking etc.) restaurants, pubs and the Birds of Prey Sanctuary in the quaint towns of Waterval Boven and Waterval Onder.
- Trout fishing in the area is very popular.
- Waterval Onder is ideally situated for you to do day trips to Kaapsche Hoop to view the wild horses, and a short hop to the Kruger National Park for a day visit.
- PET FRIENDLY – prior arrangement (small to medium size dogs allowed).